Lunula Cold Laser Treatment For Toenail Fungus
At Preston Podiatry we aim to provide the most effective nail care, in a family friendly environment, using the latest, research-based technology and utilising our wealth of clinical experience, to get your nails looking great!
Book A Consultation: (08) 9304 1898
The Lunula Cold Laser
The Lunula cold laser is the world’s most advanced nail laser treatment system. As the name suggests, the Lunula uses a cold laser which far exceeds the effectiveness and success of the commonly used ‘hot lasers’.
Advantages of using the Lunula Cold Laser
- 100% pain-free laser.
- Lunula Laser improves the damaged appearance of infected nails.
- The procedure is safe, with NO side-effects.
- No anaethesia is required.
- No recovery period following the cold laser procedure.
- Lunula Laser is computer controlled to ensure even coverage of all nails. This at present is unachievable with manually-operated, traditional ‘hot lasers.’
- Clinical trials, research and anecdotal evidence strongly indicates that the Lunula Cold Laser System provides far better nail outcomes than as compared with the current ‘hot laser’ systems which are widely used in other clinics.
How it works?
The Lunula Low-Level Cold Laser System delivers a combination of 2, low powered lasers, acting simultaneously at specific wavelengths. The lasers generate rotating beams to completely treat infections within the nails, nail bed and surrounding skin.
Specifically, the 2 lasers used in the Lunula Cold Laser are:
- Blue (405nm). This laser acts specifically and directly upon the fungal cells and causes changes in the outer wall, weakening it significantly, allowing the body’s immune system to attack and destroy it.
- Red (635nm). This wavelength acts upon the body’s natural immune cells – strengthening them, making them more active and able to kill the weakened fungus. In addition, the red light improves blood flow, bringing nutrients and additional immune cells to the effected area which speeds up the treatment process.
Assessment & Treatment
Fungal Nail Assessment
During a fungal nail assessment, your Podiatrist will:
- Diagnose what is causing your damaged nails and what benefits we can expect to get from cold laser treatment.
- Explain the best, self-management tips to help you achieve healthier looking nails.
- Help you to leave the session knowing exactly what to do to finally get healthier looking nails.
Lunula Cold Laser Fungal Nail Treatment
- The nails will be photographed and prepared.
- The treatment lasts 12 minutes per foot or hand.
- During the treatment you will feel no pain.
- The lasers are not harmful to you in any way, as the computer uses very low power settings.
- The treatment will be repeated at weekly intervals, the number of treatments required will depend upon the severity of the infection.
- You will not need to apply any topical paints to your nails during treatment, nor take any potentially harmful oral medication.
- You will need to follow strict, foot hygiene protocols in order to prevent re-infection. We will run through all of this during the consultation.
Check out some of the fantastic results that have been achieved using the Lunula Technology.
Why Choose Preston Podiatry
Preston Podiatry is the leading laser clinic in Perth for treating nail fungus. We were the first Podiatry clinic in WA to use fungal nail laser systems which we introduced approximately 5 years ago.
We continue to lead in the technical revolution and follow the world’s best practise for treating toenail fungus by introducing the Lunula Cold Laser System to our Perth clinics.
- Expert Podiatry knowledge and experience for the diagnosis and treatment of nail conditions.
- Cutting edge technology to treat the broad spectrum of nail pathologies.
- Comprehensive knowledge and strategies to prevent nail fungus from reinfecting your nails.
- We have 2 conveniently located clinics in Perth.
Laser Nail Treatment Fees
Lunula Cold Laser
- Initial Consultation $95 Item No – F004 (first visit only).
- Cold Laser $189.00 Item No – F476
Contact us today to discuss your treatment options and to book an appointment. We have also provided these FAQs about the Lunula Cold Laser treatment with some extra information about the laser and what to expect during and after your appointment with us.